Tuesday, January 31, 2012

No Christians Wanted in Vollsmose

Cultural Enrichment News

Here’s another story about what life is like for infidels in Vollsmose, a culturally enriched neighborhood of Odense on the Island of Funen in Denmark. The article was kindly translated by our Danish correspondent TB, who includes this note:

Here is yet another article about the situation in Denmark. This time it is about a Christian priest who has been forced out of the former Danish area in Vollsmose, a suburb of Odense. His name is Massoud Fouroozandeh. I have heard him in the radio and read about him in the papers several times. He is a former Muslim, originally from Iran (came here as a refugee when he was 15 years old), and the founder of the Christian Church of Love in Odense.

Massoud is about the most gentle, mild, lovable, tolerant, likeable and friendly person possible. He represents everything the Muslims postulate that Islam is all about. Yet, apparently, by some kind of mysterious and invisible force, he is automatically rejected by the Islamic body when doing what the Muslims keep telling us constitutes the core principle of The Religion of Peace; promoting peace, tolerance and respect towards his fellow man. Now isn’t that just a paradox?

The translation from BT:

Christian priest harassed out of Vollsmose

It may seem peaceful to hang a crucifix in the rearview mirror of your car. But such a thing is not tolerated in Vollsmose. Here it resulted in a burned out car and lethal harassment.

Through the last few days www.bt.dk have revealed how ethnic Danes are suffering smear campaigns in the troubled Odense ghetto, Vollsmose. According to a police officer, nine out of ten burglaries are directed against people with Danish names. Now it turns out that merely to profess to the Christian faith can be fatal in the district. Christian pastor Massoud Fouroozandeh found that out the hard way.

“The problems began a few years ago when I was told by a couple of young immigrants that I should not drive around with the crucifix I had on my rearview mirror,” says Massoud. He was originally born in Iran, from which he fled as a 15-year-old. Of course, it took more to scare the hardened priest, who continued to drive around with his crucifix.

Provocative and unreasonable

“I thought it was provocative and unreasonable, and they obviously should not be allowed to decide what I should and should not do. But a few months later someone torched my car and cut up the seats with a knife. Of course it was because of the crucifix . I was furious, but I would not submit to them.”

Therefore the stubborn priest also placed a crucifix in his new car.

“I believe that one should turn the other cheek, so it was probably my kind of revenge, and I actually felt that it compelled some respect in the neighborhood.”

But the war had only just begun

Massoud thought he had prevailed, but the reality was, that the war had only just begun.

“The windows in my car were smashed twice after that. They began to call me and my family on the phone, only to slam down the receiver when we answered. I was threatened that there would be serious consequences if I did not change religion. And I was called a religious traitor.”

The police then determined that Massoud was in such a danger that he was equipped with an emergency alarm phone 24 hours a day, and his home was equipped with increased surveillance. The police assessment proved to be true.

“We were going to a church service in Copenhagen one day, and just before we came out on the highway, my right front wheel began to rattle. It appeared that someone loosened the lug nuts on it. It could have ended fatally.”

The children were not allowed to play alone

From now on it was clear to Massoud that someone wanted him dead. And thoughts about what could happen to him and his family began to spin around in Massoud’s head.

“We were all very tense. The children were not allowed to go out to play alone anymore. My work and the fact that my girls did not wear a headscarf meant that they were bullied. Additionally, the children became nervous when I came home late.”

So after living in Vollsmose for more than ten years the family made the inevitable decision in November 2010.

“It was really unpleasant to have to move, and I was very much in doubt, because it sends the wrong signal. But I had to submit. It was all about the safety of my children and my family.”

Today the family is living in a sheltered housing at an undisclosed location in Odense, and life in Vollsmose still characterizes their everyday living.

“I’m still afraid if there is someone behind me in the evening, and every morning I always take a walk around my car just to see if there is anything suspicious.”


For a complete listing of previous enrichment news, see The Cultural Enrichment Archives.

11 comments:

babs said...

Is this printed in a main stream media?

Unknown said...

@Babs,
Yes it is. The article was originally posted at www.bt.dk. The tabloid part of one of Denmarks oldest and most respected (at least it was until the islamic invasion) newspapers Berlingske Tidende (www.b.dk).

Unknown said...

@Babs,
Yes it is. The article was originally posted in www.bt.dk. The tabloid part of one of Denmarks oldest and most respected (at least it was until the islamic invasion) newspapers Berlingske Tidende (www.b.dk).

Anonymous said...

What's especially tragic is that none of the Christians are standing behind the priest in solidarity or offered to watch his car, etc.

At the very least they should have held a protest march in Vollsmose, to show the saracens they won't be bullied. But I guess that sort of fortitude isn't part of the Danish character anymore.

Anonymous said...

When you hear that the priest, a former Moslem, converted to
Christianity and thereafter led a
perfectly normal relaxed life, it
becomes ever more clear that Moslems are trapped in a system which they cannot exit because of enormous peer group pressure, so strong that they simply can't move or manoeuvre in the slightest.The other force which also denies their movement is ignorance.The two aspects reinforce each other in imprisoning Moslems in a World they cannot exit.When Moslems are born into this World they see nothing wrong with their lives, much like a thalidomide child, never having or therefore knowing arms,sees nothing wrong with its life.The difference is that Islam can never understand that it destroys everything good in this World.If we can't make them
understand this then we are obliged to destroy Islam, for the sake of Mankind.

joe six-pack said...

Why am I not surprised? I believe that they are wrong when they said that the war had only just begun. This was in reference to this man. The REAL war has NOT begun yet.

Anonymous said...

Priest: "...it sends the wrong signal. But I had to submit. It was all about the safety of my children and my family."

Islam means submission, but Islam does NOT equal safety of children and the family.

Priest: "I’m still afraid if there is someone behind me in the evening, and every morning I always take a walk around my car just to see if there is anything suspicious."

Are the priest and his family safe now that the Muslims have forcibly evicted the family from the Sharia-compliant Muslim-controlled area?

No! Muslims PURSUE non-Muslims to wherever they are with the goal to violently murder non-Muslim men and sexually enslave non-Muslim women and children.

Egghead

Jewel said...

So Vollsmose is the town whose name shall no longer be uttered. Rename it Voldemort.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I had no idea of the relation between Muslims and Christians in Denmark. Maybe I am just an ignorant American but I was under the impression before that Denmark was one of the safest nations in Europe and the world. I thought that over there you didn't even have to worry about locking your cars or houses..damn was I wrong. This is further confirmation to me that religion (for the most part) is bad...espeically islam, not because of Islam itself but because of how easily it is distorted and perverted by radicals much more than christianity.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I had no idea of the relation between Muslims and Christians in Denmark. Maybe I am just an ignorant American but I was under the impression before that Denmark was one of the safest nations in Europe and the world. I thought that over there you didn't even have to worry about locking your cars or houses..damn was I wrong. This is further confirmation to me that religion (for the most part) is bad...espeically islam, not because of Islam itself but because of how easily it is distorted and perverted by radicals much more than christianity.

Jimi akbar said...

Where is the Danish outrage? Is Islam going to take over there?