Friday, December 16, 2011

A Vexatious Litigant

In the following clip from SUN TV, Michael Coren and Ezra Levant discuss Richard Warman, a former employee of the Canadian Human Rights Commission who makes good money suing people for “hate speech” — via the Human Rights Commissions, what else?

I take no particular risk by posting this video. I can discuss Mr. Warman’s despicable behavior in whatever terms I like, because I live in the United States. I don’t have to fear the Star Chamber decisions of the HRCs. But Canadians are not so lucky.

Messrs. Levant and Coren may yet face a lawsuit for daring to discuss Richard Warman in less than sycophantic terms. More power to them!

Many thanks to Vlad Tepes for uploading this video:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I'm not fully comfortable with the idea of "loser pays" being enforced across the board, I do think that there needs to be some standards to make those who go about abusing the system so egregiously more accountable for their behavior.

babs said...

None of this is new news to me. I can only suppose that with the advent of Michael Coren and Ezra Levant on Sun TV Canadians that know nothing about the topic might begin to become informed.
I think it is also useful to our European friends to see what an "HRC" commission is all about in Canada.
I donated to Mr. Levant's legal fund when he was on trial for publishing the "Motoons" in his now defunct magazine. I think that was the only media that "dared" to show the Motoons in North America without pixilating (other than on the internet).

Anonymous said...

"I think that was the only media that 'dared' to show the Motoons in North America without pixilating (other than on the internet)."

The secular humanist magazine Free Inquiry also published several of the cartoons.

Anonymous said...

Is there no concept of "entrapment" in Canadian law? Pretending to be and encouraging other Nazis in the way described sounds very like entrapment.

Have him declared as a vexatious litigant.

1389 said...

This is one reason we cover so much Canadian material on 1389 Blog, even though the blog is US-based. One of the missions of our blog, from the get-go, was to fight for free speech for the Counterjihad. Any Canadian counterjihadists who want to make themselves heard should feel free to contact us.

Anonymous said...

So this guy isn't even a litigious Jihadist - not that that would make him any more honorable, really - he's just a parasite? Wow.