Friday, July 22, 2011

For the Record

I just received this unpleasantly-worded email:

Now even LGF is getting in on the Fjordman rumor. To not have nipped this rumor in the bud two hours ago was idiotic. I suspect you are purposely throwing him under the bus.

For the record: I did not comment on the rumor that the Utøya shooter was the same person as Fjordman because the assertion is too ludicrous to be taken seriously.

Charles Johnson is free to believe any damnfool thing he wants, and probably will, but I don’t see why I have to concern myself with it.

I strongly regret having to mention this stupid nonsense at all. It is demeaning to Fjordman, to myself, and to this blog to have to refer to it.

However, I will do so here, for this one post only:

I know Fjordman personally, I know exactly what he looks like, and he does not resemble the alleged murderer in the slightest.

Furthermore, I was in conversation with Fjordman all day today, starting before the shootings, during the slaughter, and afterwards. If he was shooting up Utøya, he was doing an amazing job of communicating with his friends the whole time, even after he was thrown in a jail cell.

Finally, I know Fjordman’s character, as do all his regular readers. The idea that he could be capable of such an act is so outrageous, so deeply insulting, and so vile that I feel soiled simply having to discuss it here.

This allegation is despicable, disgusting, and deserving of any other adjectives of abhorrence that you can think of.

That’s all I care to say on this topic, and more than enough to make me feel sick to my stomach. I will not mention it again.

For obvious reasons, this post is closed to comments.