Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Blogging Your Way to Fame and Fortune

I apologize for this late reminder but here’s a suggestion for energetic bloggers who’d like to get more exposure for their work. Every week The Watcher of Weasels has a standing offer for those not nominated to the non-Council section for the week.

The directions are easy enough, but for this week you have to get your work in by 8:00 p.m. tonight. If you were a few minutes late, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind. But if you want to wait for next week, just send it tomorrow. Here’s what he says:

The Coalition of the Willing

As you may or may not already be aware, members of the Watcher’s Council hold a vote every week on what we consider to be the most link-worthy pieces of writing around... though I don’t actually vote unless there happens to be a tie, I do get to choose two of the non-council nominations for each vote held. When I choose two blogs to nominate for next week’s vote, I will limit myself to considering those who do the following:
- - - - - - - - - -
You must make a post containing 4 required links — your qualification post must link to the most recent winning council post, the most recent winning non-council post, the results of the latest vote, and that vote’s posting of the nominees.

Then send me an email with “LINK WHORAGE” as the subject and include a link to the post you want me to consider nominating... also, please include a link to your post required by the previous step.

Please follow the previous two steps before Tuesday’s nomination deadline of 8 PM, Eastern Standard Time.

I will look at all the submissions and then nominate the two posts that I like the most. When I post the full list of nominations, I’ll also list below them up to ten more submitted posts that I feel are the most deserving of an honorable mention... this list of ten extra posts can’t be voted on by council members, but it should help you to garner some attention.

Be sure to follow the link over to his place for the rest of the directions. And he he has some HTML code you can copy out to put up on your blog.

0 comments: