Friday, June 27, 2008

Light Posting

DoctorsI brought Dymphna home from the hospital last night. She’s in excellent spirits, and will be back here posting before long.

But now it’s my turn: I think I may be suffering from another bout of Lyme disease. I’ve had it before, but this time there are actual symptoms. I waited until my wife was home from the hospital before making my own appointment, but now it’s stethoscope-and-tongue-depressor time for me.

In other words, posting may be light for a while. When I get back from the doctor, normal programming will resume.


Update: The doctor thinks it’s probably viral neuralgia rather than Lyme disease, but they’re going to do the (very expensive) blood tests anyway.


[post ends here]

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't recall a post saying why Dymphna is in the hospital, though heart and brain scans are suggestive.

Homophobic Horse said...

OT - EU "Post-Democracy"

PDF here

I've finally decided on how to describe the EU - Post-Modern Totalitarianism. I mean that with complete literalness.

"‘voluntary empire’ – nation-building but not by
coercion US style."

"iii) The essence of the EU and its post-Cold War raison d’étre is its function as a laboratory in post-democratic legitimacy – governance without government. Unlike representative politics of liberal democracy the EU privileges consensus over confrontation; management over political programmes and policy ends over political processes – this elitist assault on democracy and rejection of politics cannot be lauded domestically. [As Pilate said: "What is Truth?"]"

"v) Where the essence of the EU – its post-democratic regulatory form – is most clearly projected is in Eastern Europe – through the enlargement process and in its role in nation-building in the protectorates of Bosnia and Kosovo."

lumberjack said...

Oh man, if it's not one thing it's the other, huh? Well good luck with both.

Zenster said...

Jeebus! What next? Will the future Baron be toting bedpans?

Get well soon, y'all.

Qualis Rex said...

Ad te recuperatio velocis.

Speedy recovery.

Jungle Jim said...

Being sick just sucks. Here's praying both of you get well soon.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get well soon, Baron!

spackle said...

The true meaning of summertime blues.

thll said...

Best wishes to you both from the peace of Wharfedale.

Morgan said...

I wish nothing but the best of health for you two.

hank_F_M said...

Baro0n

Bes wishs to Dymphna.

Hope your test results are a total bore.