Wednesday, February 01, 2012

The Prodigal Returns

Simple Simon #1I’m back in the saddle again — or at least trying to get there. Right now one foot is stuck in the stirrup while the hoss drags me alongside, banging my head on rocks and stumps.

Do you realize just how many emails y’all send me, in the space of a mere 24 hours?

I noticed while I was away that Newt got the sap kicked out of him in Florida, and the Director of National Intelligence says that Iran is likely to attempt terrorist attacks on American soil. I learned these things from glancing over the front page of the WaPo on the newsstand this morning. There may have been other news items below the fold, but I didn’t read them — I wasn’t willing to pay actual money for a paper.

I won’t have time for anything except the news feed tonight, plus trying to catch up with all this email. More or less normal service will resume in the morning.

Many thanks to all of you who sent those kind notes in response to Dymphna’s post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back in the saddle, Baron!

"Do you realize just how many emails y’all send me, in the space of a mere 24 hours?"

A lotta mails, I can imagine.

I would urge you to request that everybody paid attention, and thus helping you to read those mails more easily spending less time doing it by. May I suggest you advice readers to

- cut text
- break up text
- use space between paragraphs
- always keeping in mind not to take too much of your precious time


I like this motice to tipsters

"Notice to tipsters: Please don’t submit extensive excerpts from articles that have been posted behind a subscription firewall, or are otherwise under copyright protection.

Commenters are advised to leave their comments at this post (rather than with the news articles) so that they are more easily accessible."

Anything to facilitate your access to the info will be good.

Hell_Is_Like_Newark said...

How much trouble could Iran cause us if their entire infrastructure and sources of revenue was reduced to rubble?

At some point, the West will face a choice when dealing with the forces of Islam: Isolation of the Islamic world (no trade, aid, or immigration) or Total War.

Half measures have gotten us nowhere...