Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fjordman Welcomes Our New Readers

The Fjordman Report

Welcome to readers of Dagbladet and Der Spiegel!

The latter publication, however, falsely labels us a “hate blog.” This is not true: we are a love blog; we are lovers of truth.

I will try to respond to the best of my abilities to the rumors that are now spreading. The top rumor to kill, still being circulated in certain quarters by people who should know better, is that I am identical to the shooter.

I am not. Nor have I ever met him. I have not yet had the time or energy to read his alleged manifesto, but it I hear he has posted quotes from my work. I dislike that in the extreme, but there is little else I can do about it. All of my writings are made available for free on the Internet. However, I also hear rumors from others, which I cannot myself confirm at the moment, that he has posted references to Shakespeare, John Locke, Immanuel Kant and John Stuart Mill as well.

I hope these writers will not be classified as “hate speech” from now on.

I would also like to point out that the latest information quoted in the mass media indicates that he planned this attack as far back as nine years ago. I did not exist under the name Fjordman back then, nor as far as I know did Robert Spencer’s website Jihad Watch. Please keep that in mind, as we all try to digest the unspeakable evil that we witnessed this past Friday.


Note from this blog’s owners: Due to the unusual situation in which it has recently found itself, this blog will be closed to comments until further notice.