Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Gaelic Blessing

John Rutter’s version of “A Deep Peace”


Deep peace of the running wave to you
Deep peace of the flowing air to you
Deep peace of the quiet earth to you
Deep peace of the shinning stars to you
Deep peace of the gentle night to you
Moon and stars pour their healing light on you
Deep peace of Christ, of Christ
The light of the world to you
Deep peace of Christ to you…


Merry Christmas to all of y'all.

Dymphna


[Finis]


Oops…I only thought it was finished. Here, in the link from Archonix’ comment - and by coincidence from the very same CD that the future Baron gave me for Christmas. I’ve been playing it all day…

Enjoy!


This really is the end…dinner is over, family guests are gone, the cat is tearing up the wrapping paper, and Enya is singing softly in the background as tiny lights twinkle on our cedar tree (cut down yesterday by the Baron and the fB).

The sights and sounds and smells of a Chrstimas well spent.

Amen.

5 comments:

X said...

Ahhhhh beautiful...

See if you recognise this one.

thll said...

What would Muslims say is their equivalent of this beauty? Or is beauty not allowed in Islam?

Charles Martel said...

thll,

It's much worse than that. Islam not only doesn't allow beauty and goodness and kindness, it must destroy them. The left IS evil, Islam is the left's perfect expression of that evil.

For Christmas, my wife gave me an M1-A. She understands what is about to take place. My father in law, jealous of my new battle rifle, asked for my advice on what to buy.

I gave him my copy of "Boston's Gun Bible" and told him to decide for himself.

Prepare, my friends. It is your obligation as a citizen to arm yourselves. Do so before it is too late. An armed citizenry is our only protection against an overarching government.

And never forget: "When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

Joanne said...

What a beautiful sound - brings tears to my eyes for what is lost, soon to be found. Praise the Lord for the assurance He will keep his word.

laine said...

Thank you for the beautiful gift of introducing me to "A Deep Peace" which I have never heard before.

We will not have peace on earth in the coming year but we can have deep peace in our individual souls if we fight for the right no matter how daunting the odds, the peace of knowing that we have done our part in conserving the best the world has on offer.