Friday, October 26, 2012

CIA Operators in Benghazi Were Ordered to “Stand Down”

The leaked emails about the events in Benghazi on the night of September 11 2012 have confirmed what the fever swamps of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy have been saying all along — the attack on the consulate was an Islamic terrorist operation, the White House and the intelligence agencies knew that fact all along, and the absurd story about a “spontaneous” demonstration against the Mohammed video was just a cynical smokescreen.

It is now well-documented that the CIA, the Pentagon, and the Situation Room in the White House were fully informed about what was happening no later than two hours after the attack began. All the stories that were spun after that time by President Obama, Secretary Clinton, and Ambassador Rice were — to put it bluntly — shameless lies.

It’s good to see this topic move out of Glenn Beck into Fox News. But it still isn’t being covered anywhere else in the MSM.

The story is said to be the “smoking gun” against the Obama Administration and its disastrous foreign policy. And indeed it should be. But a smoking gun is of no use if it is never picked up by detectives and displayed as evidence in an open courtroom.

As long as the major media ignore the issue, most Americans will remain unaware of the treasonous behavior of their elected and appointed leaders.

It will be interesting to see if it spreads beyond Fox. Many thanks to Vlad Tepes for uploading this video:

Below are excerpts from the accompanying Fox News article:

EXCLUSIVE: CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack, sources say

By Jennifer Griffin

Fox News has learned from sources who were on the ground in Benghazi that an urgent request from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. consulate and subsequent attack several hours later was denied by U.S. officials -- who also told the CIA operators twice to “stand down” rather than help the ambassador’s team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11.

Former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods was part of a small team who was at the CIA annex about a mile from the U.S. consulate where Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team came under attack. When he and others heard the shots fired, they informed their higher-ups at the annex to tell them what they were hearing and requested permission to go to the consulate and help out. They were told to “stand down,” according to sources familiar with the exchange. Soon after, they were again told to “stand down.”

Woods and at least two others ignored those orders and made their way to the consulate which at that point was on fire. Shots were exchanged. The rescue team from the CIA annex evacuated those who remained at the consulate and Sean Smith, who had been killed in the initial attack. They could not find the ambassador and returned to the CIA annex at about midnight.

At that point, they called again for military support and help because they were taking fire at the CIA safe house, or annex. The request was denied. There were no communications problems at the annex, according those present at the compound. The team was in constant radio contact with their headquarters. In fact, at least one member of the team was on the roof of the annex manning a heavy machine gun when mortars were fired at the CIA compound. The security officer had a laser on the target that was firing and repeatedly requested back-up support from a Spectre gunship, which is commonly used by U.S. Special Operations forces to provide support to Special Operations teams on the ground involved in intense firefights. The fighting at the CIA annex went on for more than four hours -- enough time for any planes based in Sigonella Air base, just 480 miles away, to arrive. Fox News has also learned that two separate Tier One Special operations forces were told to wait, among them Delta Force operators.

A Special Operations team, or CIF which stands for Commanders in Extremis Force, operating in Central Europe had been moved to Sigonella, Italy, but they were never told to deploy. In fact, a Pentagon official says there were never any requests to deploy assets from outside the country. A second force that specializes in counterterrorism rescues was on hand at Sigonella, according to senior military and intelligence sources. According to those sources, they could have flown to Benghazi in less than two hours. They were the same distance to Benghazi as those that were sent from Tripoli. Spectre gunships are commonly used by the Special Operations community to provide close air support.

According to sources on the ground during the attack, the special operator on the roof of the CIA annex had visual contact and a laser pointing at the Libyan mortar team that was targeting the CIA annex. The operators were calling in coordinates of where the Libyan forces were firing from.

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta told reporters at the Pentagon on Thursday that there was not a clear enough picture of what was occurring on the ground in Benghazi to send help.

“There’s a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking going on here,” Panetta said Thursday. “But the basic principle here ... is that you don’t deploy forces into harm’s way without knowing what’s going on.”


Anonymous said...

Not one person died as a result of Watergate but Nixon was forced from office.... obama is getting away with the MURDERS of these 4 in Libya! GUILTY! GUILTY!

Lawrence said...

Obama and Panetta and Clinton ass-umed the attackers would kidnap Stevens and hold him for ransom, upon which he could be bought back with minimal people dying.

Problem is the attackers intended to kill Stevens from the start.

Our leaders where too chicken to fight back, hoping the bad guys would play nice, and now they have to answer for their cowardice.

PatriotUSA said...

It is spreading, thanks to White Right wing domestic terrorists like me, G of V and many other such sites.

Obama and his ilk are traitors of the worst sort.

dymphna said...

@ Patriot USA:

Yes, we mollusks continued to carry our "fever swamp theories" as the MSM battened down, maintaining radio silence. But there have been others, higher up on the food chain, who've refused to shut up about it.

Michelle Malkin has been on this - I remember seeing her tweets early on...and today, her column asks the right questions, leading back to a period BEFORE the Benghazi attack and then tying them together. In fact, she leads us back quite a ways.

What About the Camp Bastion Attack?

Those of us who care about how our military, our intel folks, and our foreign policy have long fretted over the current administration's fecklessness. It turns out that our paranoia simply didn't go far enough...

Bearing in mind that nothing can be proved, try this one on, confining our think-aloud just to Sept 11th:

What if there was an original plan to kidnap the ambassador and hold him for a hostage exchange to get the Blind Sheikh back??

What if, when they got inside the compound, the ambassador was already expiring from smoke inhalation? A dead hostage is of no use.

Meanwhile, knowing the lovely custom jihadists have of sodomizing the enemy as he dies (in order to make sure he goes to hell) we have a simple explanation for their pre-and post-mortem use of this man's mortal remains.

This hostage "plan", if such it was, and if any of those Muslim Brotherhood plants in our government knew about it, explains why those who wanted to come to the aid of our people in Benghazi were repeatedly told NO by their superiors. They were ordered to go against all their training and all their concern as human beings...
I no longer believe anything this administration says. Nada. They have lied too many times, callously and deliberately.

Because Americans are like bulldogs who won't stop worrying a bone, the story will come out in bits and pieces until the whole ugly mess is laid out. But first, the MSM has to protect their man from the fallout and so they do. If we discover it after the election, so what - as long as BHO remains in office to finish this job.

Our task is to do everything we can to make sure he doesn't return in January. The military suicide rate is high now. Can you imagine what it will be if Obama returns to the Oval Office.

We are living in a nightmare...

Papa Whiskey said...

What's doubly awful about all this is that Barry Hussein and Hillary Hamhocks actually used the incident to advance the agenda of the Organization for Islamic Cooperation by prattling endlessly about that anti-Muhammad video, as though that had been the casus belli. The OIC, of course, wants the West to criminalize the so-called "defamation of religions," and it has Hillary Hamhocks trotting along with it like a pig with a ring through its nose.

I've long considered Lyndon Johnson to have been the worst president ever, in terms of lasting damage to the nation, but Choom the Magic Negro seems poised to outdo him if he and his gang manage to filch this election.

Anonymous said...


One of my favorite iconic cartoon panels of all time.

Anonymous said...

The question remains as to what role the ambassador was really playing at that annex. It wasn't a consulate.

So far I've read 2 different reasons he was there.

1) To facilitate jihadis and weapons to the opposition in Syria, including manpads and top of the line RPG's. Basically the annex was a transit point. And Benghazi was the perfect place since it was and is a hotbed for Jihadis going to Iraq and Afghanistan.

Mr. Steven's was Hillary's go to man for that region and so whatever he was doing under Hillary's direct orders.

Then factor in the joint political effort at trying to topple at Assad regime including military aid to Salafist, MB and Al-Qeada elements over there.

We were playing with fire.

2)To facilitate the purchase of manpads we gave the Jihadis and Al-Qeada during the war against Qaddafi.

I doubt if we'll ever know the real back story to this. All I do know that Obongo and Hamhocks betrayed those men who loyally served the U.S. in the most craven way possible.

Here's the thing that bothers me, there is more going on over there than we know. The massive amounts of special ops assets from Delta Force detachment, Green Berets, Spectre gunships, FAST, CIA contract fighters like Mr.Woods in that region.

Look the Libyan warlords have to know Americans love building military bases where ever they are to keep the locals under control. I'd like to know if we were negotiating behind the scenes to establish another Camp Bondsteel there. And maybe the locals got wind of it and decided to send us a message.

It would make sense given the oil supplies at stake.

Anonymous said...

I don't know who said this but it is true: Never attribute to malevolence what can be adequately explained by stupidity.

The simplest explanation of all this is that Obama and his minions are amazingly incompetent. Surely this is not news.

Even though the media formerly known as main stream is not covering this, word is getting out. This story is all over the so-called alternative media: talk radio, Fox news, Rush Limbaugh etc. Their reach is considerable though hard to quantify.

God willing, Obama will be gone soon and we can start re-building.

Anonymous said...

Russia was watching ex libian arms funneled gto the Syrian rebels and certainly informed Iran who sent 2 or3 hit teams to Benghazi to KILL Stevens. Obama would have assumed that the ambassador was in minimal danger from a rowdy crowd, and therefore did nothing.