Wednesday, November 21, 2007

You Can’t Make This Stuff Up

The reader who tipped us to this article provided the above title as the subject line of his email. I think you’ll find it’s apt.

From The Daily Mail:

Illegal immigrant demands to be flown home because Britons are ‘rude and unfriendly’

An illegal immigrant has demanded to be flown home after saying he was fed up with British people — because they are “rude and unfriendly”.

Speaking today, Mokhtar Tabet, 30 — who has been given a home, food and free travel around London — claims his local council has breached his human rights by moving him to a place he does not like.

He was refused asylum in 2004 and is set to be deported.

He said: “The council evicted me from my home in September and moved me to Streatham, which I don’t like.

“The new place is small, and the kitchen closes at 9pm, so I can’t have anything to eat late at night. They have taken away my human rights.”
- - - - - - - - -
Croydon Council says it has bent over backwards to help Tabet, who fled Algeria in 2002.

A spokesman said: “Mr Tabet was accommodated in Norbury Crescent, with Croydon Council paying his rent, council tax and utility bills.

“In July, his landlord gave him two months’ notice to quit the premises, and the council offered him a flat in Anerley Road, which he refused citing its poor state of repair.

“The necessary repairs were carried out and he again refused it.

“He was told that refusal would amount to him making himself intentionally homeless and he would be placed in hostel-style accommodation. He agreed to this.”

Mr Tabet is entitled to return to Algeria at his own expense and admits that he “does not like it here”.

But he refuses to do so and says Britain will have to pay for his travel if it wants him to leave.

He moaned: “I miss Algeria. The English people are not helpful, they are so unfriendly and rude.

“I thought I had made friends in Croydon, but when I ask them for money they don’t give me it, so I know they can’t be my friends.”

[…]

He now receives £32 a week in vouchers from Croydon Council to buy food with while he awaits deportation.

Unsatisfied at this, he griped: “Croydon Council only gives me food vouchers, they won’t give me cash. I want the money.

“I have nothing to buy new clothes with, I have to go to a refugee centre. But if there’s not anything nice there, you leave with nothing.

“I want the council to give me a bigger flat and money instead of vouchers.”

Mr Tabet suffers from diabetes, a retina disease and kidney failure and believes he should be allowed to stay in the country so he can continue to get free NHS care.

He said: “The Home Office said I could afford the medicine back home, but I can’t, I don’t have a job.”

I should probably refrain from commenting, since it’s impossible to gild this particular lily. Nevertheless…

What could make it clearer that the real problem with Western Civilization is not Islam?


Hat tip: HTP.

6 comments:

blogagog said...

He does have a pretty good point. Why work, when you can just ask your friends to give you money?

BTW, wanna be friends?

X said...

BTW, wanna be friends?

BWAHAHA!

I saw this one the other day and I remember thinking... somehow, they've taken his rude behaviour and spun it completely bass-ackwards.

I know what I'll do though. I'll help him. I'll buy him the ticket home so the government doesn't have to do it for him.

James Higham said...

Good riddance - saves us the job of deporting him, not that our imbecile government would ewver do that.

By the way, happy thanksgiving and may your table be fully laden [until you eat it, that is].

Anonymous said...

He does have a pretty good point. Why work, when you can just ask your friends to give you money?

After all, what are friends for?

Did you ever wonder if the Brits have become just a bit too polite?

Charlie said...

Lets see if it works this time.

Charlie said...

Alright. It's working now. I had a really good post. To bad it didn't take the first time. I think you all really would have liked it.