Saturday, October 20, 2007

A Saturday Joke to Bring Tears to Your Eyes

A reader from Italy passes on this joke she got from someone in Greece:

A little boy wanted $100.00 very badly and prayed for weeks, but nothing happened.

Then he decided to write God a letter requesting the $100.00.

When the postal authorities received the letter to God, USA, they decided to send it to the President.

The president was so amused that he instructed his secretary to send the little boy a $5.00 bill.The president thought this would appear to be a lot of money to a little boy.

The little boy was delighted with the $5.00 bill and sat down to write a thank-you note to God, which read:
- - - - - - - - -
Dear God,

Thank you very much for sending that money. However, I noticed that for some reason you sent it through Washington, DC.

Those a**holes deducted $95.00 in taxes.



I guess the word about our Imperial Congress is getting around.

1 comments:

Papa Ray said...

Sweet Sarah and I were shopping one day at the dollar store.

I told her she could have one thing, and gave her a dollar and a dime.

She said: "What is the dime for Papa?" I told her it was for "taxes".

She asked: "What are taxes?

I thought for awhile, trying to figure out how to explain something like taxes to her.

I finally just said: "Its money you pay the State of Texas so they can take care of the State and keep it nice for us."

Later, when we checked out, she paid the cashier and told her: "Here is my money to take care of Texas."

The Cashier...gave her a double look and then looked to me. I just smiled and said: "You heard her right, see that the state gets that dime."

We both had a big smile as we left the store.

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA

Papa Ray