Monday, October 22, 2007

Gloomy Monday

Many of you may have heard this one. Bear with those of us who just ran across it. We lead sheltered lives here at The Edge of Beyond…

Health Care

A Japanese doctor says, “Medicine in my country is so advanced that we can take a kidney out of one man, put it in another, and have him out looking for work in six weeks.”

“That is nothing,” a German doctor says. “We can take a lung out of one person, put it in another, and have him out looking for work in four weeks.”

“In my country,” says the British doctor, “medicine is so advanced that we can take half a heart out of one person, put it in another, and have both of them out looking for work in two weeks.”

The American doctor, not to be outdone, interjected:
- - - - - - - - -
“You guys are way behind. We are about to take a woman with no brains, put her in the White House, and then half the country will be out looking for work.”

Heh.


Hat tip: Theo Spark -- and no, I don't remember how I wandered in over there. I am not responsible; I have a Microsoft mouse.

3 comments:

Cindi said...

Haha. No, we're not about to do any such thing.

But pray, just in case.

Dymphna said...

My hands are folded.
My head is bowed.
I have three rosaries,
Four litanies yet to go,
And a walk on my knees
To the nearest shrine.

It's the least I can do.

History Snark said...

Sadly, I first heard this a few weeks ago. My Mother sent it to me, only the punch line was about Michigan's "beloved" economy killer, Jen Jen Granholm. She of the "raise taxes because cutting State spending is unacceptable" argument.

Coincidentally, guess which state has the highest unemployment?

A solid warning for the reasonable people in this country....