Monday, October 15, 2007

Dereliction of Duty

Starting today, I’ll be working on a series of projects that will keep me very busy for the next week or so. I may not have much access to the internet during this time, so my posting will be light to non-existent.

To keep yourself occupied while I’m gone, I recommend a tour through the labyrinth of our blogroll (fingers crossed: I hope the links work). I could point out some of the big cheeses of the blog world, but you already know who they are. Instead I’ll pick a few of the lesser known luminaries that we like, chosen for their variety, and also out of sheer caprice.

First of all, you can go see the old salt himself, CDR Salamander. Or stop by Sissy Willis’ place — she takes a mean photograph to go with her political commentaries.

Brian Micklethwaite is also a photographer, but he’s British.

If you can read Danish, go visit Uriasposten or Hodjas Blog. You’ll get all those jokes that go right over my head.

Foehammer’s Anvil never lets up, not even for a second.

You might want to find out the answer to this important question: Are We Lumberjacks? And Mausers, Medicine, & Motorcycles has its priorities straight.

And then there’s always Florida Cracker — you don’t have to be a Duane Allman fan, but it helps.
- - - - - - - - -
Dymphna will hold the fort while I’m gone. As most of you know, she is recovering from rotator cuff surgery, and typing is still quite difficult for her. So don’t be offended if you send emails and they don’t get answered — answering all the email is too much even for me, and my arm works just fine.

If you have important tips or reports that Dymphna doesn’t use, and they haven’t stale-dated by the time I get back, please send them again to make sure I see them.

Our commenters will just have to mind the premises until things return to normal. Don’t burn the house down, guys.

4 comments:

CDR Salamander said...

Baron,

Thanks for the link, and I look forward to hearing from you on the other side.
Cheers,
Phibain

Sissy Willis said...

Thank you very much for the link and kind words, sir. In the bloggeriffic way that one thing leads to another, I clicked through to your other chosen ones and -- via the estimable Brian Micklethwaite, about whom I myself had blogged a number of times in the past -- ended up joining three Facebook groups (I NEVER join Facebook groups at home):

Che Guevara was a murderer and your t-shirt is not cool

I want to appeal the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize

Margaret Thatcher Appreciation Association

It was Brian who wrote back in March of 2004 "I have become ever more convinced that almost anything in any one day is better, for a blog that usually contains something every day, than nothing in any one day." As I commented at the time, "Like prayer for the religious, it keeps the demons at bay." I will pray that you manage to keep your own demons at bay during the coming monsoon season.

MauserMedic said...

Another thank you for the link to my blog. I'm both pleasantly suprised and humbled to be mentioned on your site, given the high quality of posting here.

Foehammer said...

I was wondering where the sudden spike in my traffic was coming from. Now I understand.

Thanks, Baron. It's always nice to know that I'm not typing to myself.