A recent essay of hers puts the murder of the six members of our military by Afghan security personnel in its proper context — i.e., another example of lethal, treacherous Muslim Rage.
What was it that Zenster termed this characterological aspect of Islam, this tendency to murderous tantrums? The wording may not be exact here, but he diagnosed their reactivity as the result of inhabiting the thinnest of emotional skins whilst being forced to live in a sandpaper world. An apt summation of the insoluble problem; at least insoluble for the West. For jihadists, this thin-skinned, always-about-to-go-off trait probably serves well. It keeps them ready to lash out instantly in what Michael Coren has called a kind of lust for death. The deaths of infidels is the intention, but far more Muslims die for the faith of their fellow Muslims — collateral damage and a callous disregard for human life. They merely follow in the footsteps of their Prophet.
In the essay, Ms. West gives us a timeline for Rage Reactions. These are the incidents that draw the attention of Western jornolists like flies seeking carrion. The ghoulish observations are often simply jihad porn, ensuring that the killings will continue unabated.
In a “the-foot-bone’s-connected-to-the-ankle-bone” connectivity, Ms. West lays out this time line in order to show that they’re not isolated incidents. Instead, “…They fit into a pattern that above all spreads “dhimmitude,”… in thrall to Islamic law.” In other words, if the Western people watch long enough, it’ll scare them into line.
As she says, she couldn’t possibly cover all the bases — who could possibly keep up? — so she singles out some of the more egregious examples, working backwards from 2011 to 2005:
- Pastor Jones Rage: He burns a Koran and they’re off to the races. Afghan “rioters” seized by rage would be a yawn had they not murdered seven people as they overran a UN outpost.
- “Fitna” Rage in 2008: Unable to wait for the actual release Geert Wilders’ film, Ragers decided the idea of its existence was sufficient reason for arson, boycotts, death threats, etc. So what else is new? Oh right — the dhimmi Dutch put Wilders on trial for “insulting Muslims”. Considering that we insult Muslims by clinging (bitterly) to our infidel status, this judicial point is obscure.
- 2007 brought one of my favorites in the on-going Islamic theatre of the absurdly trivial: Teddy Bear Rage in Sudan. The Baron wrote up the particulars back then. The tear-swollen face of that innocent teacher stayed with me for a long time.
- Of course, that bear followed logically (logically if you love to blow stuff up) from the 2006 Pope Rage. Benedict had the gall to note a historic reference to Islam’s tendency to violence. So of course they made his case by burning churches and killing a nun.
- From there, Ms. West leads us back to one of the mother lodes: the Mo Cartoon Rage, generated entirely by a Danish imam who went to the Middle East with pictures — and made up some stuff of his own — to pour a little kerosene and begin to play with matches. The cartoons had been reported months before to no effect, so he needed to generate some
income & famedevout spiritual feelings among his fellow Muslims. This means, of course, that with no Danes to hand, they started killing one another.
Remember Salman Rushdie Rage?
That’s Sir Ahmed Salman Rushdie for you and me. Since 1989, he’s been living with a renewable fatwa hanging over his head. According to the long wiki, he says he gets a “kind of Valentine’s Day card” every February 14th or thereabouts, reminding him of his status as a wanted man.
His case is a good example of what happens when everyone starts to age out: the long toothed lions still roar, but the object of their affection leads his life pretty much in public now. Not as public as it might have been, but not holed up in a witness protection program, either.
Meanwhile the Younger Turks (so to speak) in Iran have larger goals what with their BIG BOMB(s). No one-off for them: they're leaving and taking as many of us as possible with them.
But another aspect of this public rage business: no matter how protracted (ask the poor Danes at that newspaper) it's window dressing. It’s a distraction from the real thing: stealth jihad. The real thing is The Muslim Brotherhood’s takeover by bureaucracy and intimidation. Bureaucracy in the West, intimidation in the Middle East and North Africa. They never give up, they never forget, and they keep moving toward their totalitarian and most dystopian Ummah.
For those of you old enough to remember when the Communist threat was real, think of this as a variaion: it's Communism without the atheism. Just as bloody perhaps, but much more sadistic.
It's a cultural thing; we wouldn't understand.