Friday, March 16, 2012

Setting the Record Straight, Part 2

The correction below was just added to yesterday’s post. To make sure readers are fully aware of the correction, I am posting it here.


UPDATE: It has come to my attention that part of the text in the post below was incorrect.

Specifically, when I wrote: “Elisabeth Sabaditsch-Wolff did not agree to speak at the event in Aarhus, nor did she discuss her possible attendance at the event with the organizers. In fact, she was never even contacted by the organizers.”

I now know that Elisabeth was in fact contacted by one of the organizers. His name is Steve Simmons, and he represents the English Defence League and the European Freedom Initiative. It was in those two capacities that he contacted Elisabeth.

She and I have just learned that Mr. Simmons is also in charge of the Danish Defence League (or is at least the administrative contact for DDL website), and the DDL is the group organizing the March 31 event in Aarhus.

So what I stated was incorrect. I apologize to Steve Simmons, the Danish Defence League, and EFI for posting inaccurate information. Many thanks to the people who drew the error to my attention.

The rest of what Elisabeth and I wrote is true. In brief:

  • At no time did Elisabeth confirm her attendance at the March 31 event in Aarhus.
  • Her name was used without her permission in promotional materials for the event.
  • Her image was used without her permission in several videos promoting the event.

Once again: The name, photos, and videos of Elisabeth Sabaditsch-Wolff should promptly be removed from any materials promoting the Danish Defence League event in Aarhus of March 31. These are being used without her permission. She will not be attending this event.

0 comments: