Sunday, August 30, 2009

Danish Dailies Respond to Saudi Lawfare

Boom Allah!I reported last night about the legal action mounted by a Saudi law firm — at the behest of Mohammed’s descendants — against the Danish newspapers that published Kurt Westergaard’s famous “Turban Bomb” cartoon.

A Danish newspaper industry association, acting on behalf of major dailies, is now swinging into action and will consult with the government about the issue. Our Danish correspondent TB has translated an article on the topic from today’s Ekstra Bladet:

DDF gets into Muhammad case

The Organization of Danish Dailies (DDF) will consult the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Justice after Saudi Arabia demanded an unconditional apology for the drawing.


DDF now get involved the latest incident of the Muhammad crisis, and will, during the coming week, make contact with both the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Justice, the CEO of the organization Ebbe Dahl states.

A Saudi lawyer demanded in a letter sent to about twelve Danish editors that they should by the end of September publicly regret and apologize for reprinting the controversial cartoon of the most well-known Muslim prophet back in February 2008. The reprint followed the revelation of murder plots against the cartoonist Kurt Westergaard.

The papers in a huge set-up must publish an unconditional apology in four languages —Arabic among others — because they have apparently hurt the feelings of the alleged descendants of the prophet Muhammad, the lawyer Faisal A.Z. Yamani from Jeddah demands. He suggest that it will damage Danish interests in the Middle East if the editors-in-chief do not obey. They must also promise that they will never again publish similar drawings or other material about the prophet Muhammad.
- - - - - - - - -
On Monday, Ebbe Dahl will try to get an overview of how many editors have been contacted by Mr. Yamani and whether the letter is authentic.

“Everything will be studied, and it is clear that we, in a case like this, will have to talk to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Justice. But I have not opened the case for them yet since we need to have an overview first,” Ebbe Dahl says.

Concerning the matter, however, he describes the demands from Saudi Arabia as “clearly unacceptable” and he has no doubt that the papers will stand as firm and united as the last time when they decided to reprint the famous drawing last year on February 13.

“It is a completely natural thought that you as a medium bring ‘the subject of the party’, when something like this comes up,” Ebbe Dahl says.

Chief editor Siegfried Matlok from Der Nordschleswiger [a German/Danish newspaper from the border area between Denmark and Germany — translator] says unconditionally “no” to the ultimatum.

“There will be no wavering from us. Respect for Muslims in Denmark and in the rest of the world — but this we cannot accept.”

11 comments:

4Symbols said...

Is this for real - reads more like an ultimatum to a declaration of war, this is more than just Denmark's concern worded in the form of an ultimatum and threat it concerns all the countries of Europe.

Zenster said...

“It is a completely natural thought that you as a medium bring ‘the subject of the party’, when something like this comes up,” Ebbe Dahl says.

I think this would be a splendid opportunity for newspapers everywhere to give this abortion of justice the most complete possible coverage and exposure. Right down to and including republication of the Jyllands-Posten cartoons in their entirety.

Nothing would be of more help in assuring that people around the world understand what a bunch of whinging, extortionate, violent, schreeching windbags Muslims can be.

babs said...

Publish the cartoons again. And again and again until they shut up.
No, the west will not apologize. So go throw yourself another riot in Pakistan or some other backwater.

laine said...

When is anyone in the West going to demand that Muslims start respecting non-Muslims and our ways, especially when voluntarily moving to a non-Muslim country?

Why always this playing defence?

Press them until they admit that they despise kuffars and kuffar ways and cannot bow to kuffar authority. Collate all the evidence that's already available. Then announce that since non-Muslims repudiate the supremacism of Islam and reject sharia law as inimical to any non-Muslim civilization, then immigration to Muslims must be closed.

If non-Muslims were ever truly informed about Islam instead of propagandized, they would never agree to the kernels of future oppression that Muslims are planting in our lands, one mosque, one Muslim ghetto at a time.

Papa Whiskey said...

I noted this last night, but it bears repeating: As Saudi oil minister, Ahmed Zaki Yamani was the mastermind of the 1973
Arab oil embargo against the United States, which prompted a ruinous economic recession. It is all but certain Yamani is acting with the consent, if not at the behest, of the retrograde, apartheid Muslim government he served then. Moreover, the venue he is likely to choose for his litigation is no-longer-great Britain, where his countryman the late and unlamented Khalid bin Mahfouz filed his own spurious but quite successful libel suits.

Robin Shadowes said...

The world needs more motoons. Plenty more of them. The more sites that publish them, the better. They can't bomb and kill all.

Jedilson Bonfim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jedilson Bonfim said...

I think this would be a splendid opportunity for newspapers everywhere to give this abortion of justice the most complete possible coverage and exposure. Right down to and including republication of the Jyllands-Posten cartoons in their entirety.

The Danes couldn't come up with a better way of answering the threatening letter from the inbred bedouin savage sharia "attorney" Faisal A. Z. Yamani (which, not who, for all practical purposes, cannot even be referred to as a member of the human race, or as anything biologically superior to a tapeworm for that matter.)

Papa Whiskey said...

Erratum:

The instigator of this threat campaign, Faisal Ahmed Zaki Yamani, is a younger partner in the law firm founded by Ahmed Zaki Yamani, the former Saudi oil minister. The firm's site may be seen at

http://www.azylawfirm.com/lawyers.html

Sorry for the error, folks.

Henrik Ræder said...

Apart from running the Motoons again (more prominently each time, please :), we should first demand of the Islamic world unconditional apologies for the Jihad, anti-Semitism and supremacism inherent in their religion.

That done, we shall consider their proposal.

sitamnesty said...

It's time to fight back and strike right in the heart of the evil source.

That's piece of cake using a terrible, tremendous, horrible, yet cheap and commonly available M3D (Massive Muslim Mind Destruction) weapon : a stamp.

Print this article with the caricature, directly from your browser, and snail-mail it to that clown lawyer as an answer to his ridiculous threat.
His snail-mail adress is on page
http://tinyurl.com/M6l5NE


After opening a pile of such letters and facing Mo caricatures again and again and again and again and (so on...), good chance is he will die from a brain blow-up due to over-hating !