Today is Thanksgiving Day, and Dymphna and I have family visiting, so posting may be light for most of the day.
There is plenty to be thankful for here at Gates of Vienna. Over the past six years we have been through a lot of trials and tribulations, from the Great LGF Wars through our ejection from Pajamas Media to the ghastly publicity that descended on us after Breivik’s massacre. Yet every crisis has strengthened and extended the community we find ourselves in — a local subset of the larger distributed network that makes up the Counterjihad.
On past Thanksgivings I have sometimes listed the contributors, translators, and tipsters who are crucial to our site, so that all of them might receive a public acknowledgement. However, this has become an all but impossible task — the community is now so large that collecting and formatting the names and URLs would be more than could be attempted in a single day. Our gratitude must go out to them collectively.
Thinking back to where we were five years or so ago, there were so many goals that remained wishful thinking. Yet not only have we accomplished many of them, but some of them are now routine. Examples include:
- Rapid translation and subtitling of significant videos
- Publicizing important texts by translating them into a dozen or more languages
- Communicating and coordinating in real time with multiple Counterjihad groups on both sides of the Atlantic and in Australia
- Raising awareness of Islamization through prominent public events
- Establishing new political parties which share our goals, or enhancing existing ones
All of this was made possible only through the tireless efforts of hundreds of volunteers who send tips, report, write, translate, make videos, appear in the media, and put their careers (and physical safety) on the line by attending public anti-sharia events.
Not to mention the donors who give repeatedly from their abundance to help keep this site going.
Our deepest thanks to everyone in the wider Gates of Vienna community, and to the good Lord who has inspired you to make these sacrifices for the sake of a worthy cause.
While posting is light here, readers may want to visit other sites in exotic locales that are not celebrating a holiday today.
- Vlad Tepes (Canada, English)
- Europe News (Denmark, English and German)
- Tundra Tabloids (Finland, English)
- Right Wing Death Bogan (Australia, English)
- British Freedom (UK, English)
- The Brussels Journal (Belgium, English)
- Snaphanen (Denmark, Danish)
- Politically Incorrect (Germany, German and English)
- François de Souche (France, French)
- SOS – Österreich (Austria, German)
- Hodjas Blog (Denmark, Danish)
- Avpixlat (Sweden, Swedish)
- E.J. Bron (The Netherlands, Dutch)