It’s been a long time since Dymphna went to the emergency room, and she has been pining for it, so we decided to set out on a Saturday jaunt so that she could enjoy the hospitality of the our local health care system.
Actually, what happened is that the doctor called back today and said that Dymphna needs to have further tests. Since today is Saturday, we have to go to the ER.
If all goes well we’ll be back before the Drinking Gourd rises over Old Pine Top.
In any case, posting will be light for the rest of the day.
Update: We just got home, and everything went fine.
Dymphna had to crash as soon as she got in, but she asked me to tell you the story: She had blood work done during her visit to the doctor yesterday, and the doctor called this morning and said that the results indicated that there might be a blood clot in her lung. She needed to have a CT scan to rule that possibility out, so that’s how we spent our Saturday. Fortunately, a clot was ruled out. She was allowed to go home without being arrested — I mean, admitted.
A long boring afternoon and early evening in an extremely cold radiology department — we got off lightly!