She says it’s official: the Lancet is gonzo. Just like so many other multi-culti academic ‘standard bearers’, the rag is nothing more than biases tarted up as scientific work (lipstick on a pig and quite attractive if you like pigs).
In the study she examines [here is the abstract], “Association between exposure to political violence and intimate-partner violence in the occupied Palestinian territory: a cross-sectional study,” the authors do admit that wife abuse is a problem among Palestinians. However, you can tell what’s coming just by looking at that title itself: we are in for an exercise in PoorPali™ political philosophy here. That oppressive feeling descends and you prepare yourself for the cold-blooded excoriation of the Jews which passes for an academic hypothesis and conclusion. The problem with these “post-colonial” treatises is that they arrive at the hypothesis with ready-made conclusions in hand. And the field is so contaminated by now that no one even demurs.
Conclusion: the Jews are to blame for everything that happens to the Palestinians. So what’s the hypothesis? Make stuff up, just like they do in global warming. Throw out what ever inconvenient facts don’t fit your pre-digested results.
Ms. Chesler gives her own proviso:
I believe that Arab and Muslim men, including Palestinian men, are indeed violent towards Arab and Muslim women. I also believe that war-related stress, including poverty, usually increases “intimate partner violence,” aka male domestic violence. But beyond that, how does one evaluate this study?
She then heaves the body onto the pathology table and performs the necessary autopsy by providing us with a list of fisking points:
- - - - - - - - -
- First, who funded this? Surprise, surprise! The Palestinian Authority and another group at the University of Minnesota. Read her post to see which entity actually collected the data. Hint: remember Jenin?
- Second, The study arrives pre-packaged with a political goal, i.e., that the barbaric Palestinian culture (including severe child abuse) is the fault of the JOOOS.
But of course! And where there are Islamic cultures which have managed to kill or expel all the Jews, why spousal serenity reigns. Women are cherished and loved. Children are treated with the necessary knowledge of their developmental abilities so that they grow up in optimal environments and become strong, compassionate adults. And while we’re at it, the Tooth Fairy loves each and every one of you without showing any favor at all. Everything is fair, too.
- Third, there are convenient omissions in this study because they interfere with the store-boughten conclusion. Facts are trimmed to fit into the carcass they’re dressing up. Thus, no mention of the peculiar violence against daughters and sisters in “occupied Palestine”. Honor killing? Say wha’? Read the post to get the full frontal assault of Phyllis’ account. I will admit I drove right by that part since I’ve become so sensitized to the barbarism and gore. I admire people like Ms. Chesler who can look pathology in the eye without flinching, but I cannot do that without reverting to a fetal position. However, what I can do is point you to the details. Ms. Chesler has them galore and gory. She has the pertinent links to back up the gore, too. I admire anyone who can wade into that and count the bodies. It takes a certain kind of spiritual stamina to look at the results of depravity without flinching. It is a resilience I don't possess.
- Moving on to Four (whew), Phyllis notes the researchers’ failures to “factor in the rôle of Hamas and what this terrorist group has done to harm the present and the future of women in their grasp. Ms. Chesler describes the fate of the “previously modern” PoorPali women who are now lured into becoming suicide killers. Again, she has the links to back up the stories of these unfortunate souls.
- Five. For reasons known only to themselves and their funders, there are no comparisons with a large cohort of women near by. In other words, there is no mention of the statistics of spousal abuse among Jewish women. Or among Jewish men, for that matter. Just sayin’…
- Six - and probably the fundamental reason here: British academia and journalism is in a sad state of active anti-Jewish propaganda. As Phyllis puts it:
Countless British journalists have done precisely what this study has attempted to do: Blame it all on Israel.
She gives a number of examples of their turpitude and she names names and gives the details of their dereliction. Read her quotes from journalist Jan Godwin, who has it all figured out, even as she contradicts herself by showing the absolute power of Saudi males. Ain’t no JOOOS in Saudi Arabia to blame:
Saudi Arabia has not been “settled,” “colonized,” or “humiliated,” by Israelis. Jordan has not been “settled,” “colonized,” “occupied,” or “humiliated” by Israel. And yet, Jordan has a high rate of honor killing.
Egypt is not colonized by Israel, and yet serious violence against women is common there. This includes female genital mutilation, wife-beating, daughter-beating, forced marriages-and, with the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood, the forced veiling of previously modern women.
Well, heavens to Betsy. This is obviously a plot by those clever JOOOS. Mossad is behind the whole thing, sneaking in and putting something in the water.
After providing much more information about the bad “science” in the Lancet study, Ms. Chesler concludes;
I am challenging the “politics” of both this study and of Lancet, whose aim is to scapegoat Israel for the barbarism and misogyny which is indigenous to Arab and Muslim culture, even more so, when jihad and terrorism dominate the world.
Again, Ms. Chelser provides us with the raison d'etre for the existence of the Counter Jihad. The smarter-than-thou multi-cultis will be all over this report like brown on chocolate. In fact, they’ll eat it up, chewing on the satisfying “evidence” of the Evil Entity.
An old, old meme, but it always makes for a good meal to any hungry Leftie. They never tire of the same limited menu, it’s all ambrosia to them when the packet reads “PoorPalis™, Blame it on the JOOOS”. This is the ultimate fast food for the mind: open packet, pour into bowl, mix well and chow down. It’s been pre-cooked and pre-digested for your intellectual convenience.
Good baby food, maybe, even if an adult couldn’t survive on it.