Since all the news is bad why not look at some interesting websites instead?
Natalie is posting on the Karadzic Trial.
Jerry Gordon has filed a report at the New English Reviewon the latest developments in the Rifqa Bary case. Abused children in foster care often end up being treated as the perpetrators. I had hoped this case would be different.
Heroyalwhyness sends a report from Islam in Europe: Netherlands: “In five years our women.. will all walk around with headscarves.”
Fausta sends along a report (humor ahead, watch for bumps):
“YOU MAY BE A TALIBAN IF…”
- - - - - - - - -
1. You refine heroin for a living, but you have a moral objection to liquor.
2. You own a $3,000 machine gun and $5,000 rocket launcher, but you can’t afford shoes.
3. You have more wives than teeth.
4. You wipe your butt with your bare hand, but consider bacon “unclean.”
5. You think vests come in two styles: bullet-proof and suicide.
6. You can’t think of anyone you haven’t declared Jihad against.
7. You consider television dangerous, but routinely carry explosives in your clothing.
8. You were amazed to discover that cell phones have uses other than setting off roadside bombs.
9. You have nothing against women and think every man should own at least four.
10. You’ve always had a crush on your neighbour’s goat.
She also has a post up today that I would’ve done had the rain not disrupted our connection -- though not so well:
Thomas Sowell writes on the dismantling of America
Fjordman sends some news of U.K. Labour’s ideas on social engineering. You know how well that works. Evidently they said, “let’s get us a whole bunch of immigrants, flood the country. We’ll rub the Right’s nose in diversity”. Another stupid idea from the Left.
Melanie Phillips is not pleased: “There could not have been a more grave abuse of the entire democratic process”.
I guess it’s too late to shoot these social engineers.
JD says that Chicago, the new Soviet Union, is paying a bounty to those who are willing to tell on their neighbors for cheating on their taxes. The tattle-tales get a percentage of the bounty. And probably a gift of cement overshoes thrown in for free.
From Diana West, some advice: “Stop Nation Building, Start Nation Saving”. She delineates the differences between Obama and his General.
A new blogger enters the infinity of the ‘sphere.
An old dog still hangs out in the cyberspace he so aptly named.
The Curmudgeon Emeritus ponders things temporal on Eternity Road.
Hey, last one out of the kitchen turn off the lights. You know the Baron is saving on electricity. Besides, the mice hate to drink in the dark.