Monday, October 26, 2009

Concerning Our RSS Feed

DespairI recently had to change our Atom Feed from “short post” back to “full post” in order to comply with the requirements of the syndication service that carries Gates of Vienna.

I apologize to anyone whose RSS reader is slowed down and clogged up by our full posts. The news feed in particular (which can be quite massive) tends to give feed readers indigestion.

Besides reader donations, syndication is our only income, so we need to comply with its requirements. As soon as I find a technical fix for this problem, I’ll implement it.


[Post ends here]

4 comments:

costin said...

I review the posts with Google reader and full feeds are better for me

Henrik R Clausen said...

I have GoV in the Firefox 'Live bookmarks' line, along with a dozen other sites. Gives me the fastest overview of recent articles (Just the headlines, ma'am) I can get anywhere, right inside my browser.

X said...

If it makes you feel better, I prefer the full feed setting as it allows me to keep the articles archived offline so I can go back and read them again without going on the net.

AMDG said...

I have no problems with the Reader and, as you know, I prefer to read GoV and all the blogs I follow from the Reader. In summary, I am very happy with the full posts now :)