Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Rubber-Stamping Monkeys

Regular readers know Paul Weston, who has contributed numerous essays here at Gates of Vienna; see our sidebar for the full list. He is standing as a UKIP candidate for Parliament in tomorrow’s British elections.

Mr. Weston was interviewed today for politics.co.uk. Some excerpts are below:

Interview: Paul Weston

The Ukip candidate for the Cities of London and Westminster airs some very forthright opinions.


By Marina Kim

Paul Weston “I am a natural Conservative. I have always been. But David Cameron to me is not a Conservative. The party is not what it used to be. The Conservative ethos is now semi-liberal,” says Paul Weston, 46, the Ukip candidate standing for the Cities of London and Westminster.

We met in a pub in the City, and Weston has already been drinking as I walk in. Perhaps he knows there is no point of wasting time (and paper) on leafleting as the seat is far beyond his reach. He admits he had only just enough backing to register as a candidate.

The battle in this constituency is between Conservatives and Labour. But Weston is an interesting and outspoken character who got involved in politics to get his opinions across. And oh my, he has got quite a few.

He expresses his controversial views on EU, immigration, imperialism, and even metrosexuals with such honesty that I believe him when he says: “I am not a natural politician.”

Weston shows his affection for an old style Conservative party, and admits he would have still been a Conservative had it not be for the EU. It is a truly painful subject for Weston. His eyes lit up with anger as he speaks of Jose Manuel Barroso, president of the European Commission.

“He is the guy with the power. All other MEPs are just rubber-stamping monkeys. They pass thousands of laws a year, and this guy just sits there and orders them what to do,” he says.

“Lord Pearson actually came over to David Cameron and said: “If you promise to have a referendum on EU, I will stand down.” Every single person who is in UKIP because of the EU will stand down. But Cameron said “No”. Cameron should have had a proper majority by now but he doesn’t. UKIP could have helped him with votes.

“Pearson did it because he has principles. Most of politicians are just a bunch of power-hungry lunatics with no principles,” says Weston as he orders another pint.
- - - - - - - - -
[…]

Weston, whose wife is an immigrant from Romania says he does not judge anybody. However, he is convinced the UK is being colonised by immigrants. He calls it “ethnic cleansing of the English”.

“Look, I am not a racist. I just got really annoyed when I watched Question Time and Bonnie Greer said there was no such a thing as ‘indigenous English person’. Every single country has got indigenous population. England has that right, too.

“I do not judge immigrants. If I was born in Bangladesh the first thing I would do if I raise an airfare is come here.

“But we are only one per cent of the world’s landmass. If you open the doors you are going to destroy this country.”

As Weston gets on to this tricky subject, I notice the man drinking his afternoon beer in solitude at a table near us starts listening in.

“Nick Griffin is a Holocaust-denying Nazi lunatic but in my view he is also stupid. He could have got back to Bonnie by saying that there is UN declaration of the rights of indigenous people,” he says.

“I don’t believe that we have the right to go anywhere in the world and dictate how people should live. I understand that back in the day that is what England used to do, and I look at that with distaste. But I believe we are being colonised here in the UK.”

Read the rest at politics.co.uk.

6 comments:

Zenster said...

Most of politicians are just a bunch of power-hungry lunatics with no principles,” says Weston as he orders another pint.

It is sad commentary that Weston's assessment of British politicians now applies globally. Would that I might buy him that pint!

X said...

This concept of the rights of indigenous peoples needs to be hammered constantly now. We have a right to a homeland just as any other indigenous people has a right to one, and let not the alleged sins of our ancestors be held against us.

Anonymous said...

Paul Weston is the person who wrote those excellent essays a few years ago concerning the possibility of a European Civil War (I thought there was a second part but I'm having trouble finding it). I'd definitely vote for him if I could.

In Hoc Signo Vinces† said...

In hoc signo vinces

"Lord Pearson actually came over to David Cameron and said: “If you promise to have a referendum on EU, I will stand down.” Every single person who is in UKIP because of the EU will stand down."

"Conservative party, and admits he would have still been a Conservative had it not be for the EU."

These statements show that UKIP is a single issue party and but for that it is as "progressive" as David Cameron's Party.

Lord Pearson is a political opportunist who was part of the political elite that economically destroyed the indigenous population in the eighties, why do you think that even with the mess the UK is in the Conservative party can not be certain of victory.

UKIP are a faction of the multi-cult "progressive" Conservative party.

tedh754 said...

Can we get him to run in the USA?
I know he isn't a citizen, but that doesn't seem to matter anymore.
When are "liberals" going to realize
that they are infidels, too?

Anonymous said...

If I was the British PM, I'd bring back the empire. Screw this weak, we have rights on our own lands stuff. As I keep saying, there is no such thing as having territory by right - you have sovereignty by the virtue of guns and tanks. That's how it is and it will always be. And the British should reclaim their country not because of some joke of UN rights, even though they're great when you debate stupid liberals and leftists. They should do it because they can. Because they're British and they're mean mofos.

And who cares what a feminist say? Feminism is one of the most illogical things in the world.