Friday, February 12, 2010

News About the Freedom Fighter

To those of you who don’t read Joshuapundit every day, here’s some sad news about FF you may not have heard: he had a heart attack and is in the hospital.

For those of you who aren't familiar with him, he's a feisty blogger who works on the Watcher's Council (check his side bar). Not too long ago he asked if I'd consider joining the Council again. However, my various vaporous conditions leave me with little energy to post so I'd hardly be a dependable member. I sadly declined. Actually, that's an improvement regarding my grip on reality. Before, I'd have said, "Sure thing! When do I start?" Now at least I know when to say no. Or rather, my average is improving.

The first announcement, on Monday, February 8th, appeared as we were being buried in the snowstorm so we didn't hear about it. This is his wife's post on the 8th:

To all friends and followers of Joshuapundit - This is Mrs. Joshuapundit letting you know that my husband had a mild heart attack on Monday afternoon. He is currently doing well and we expect him to be coming home within the next couple of days. Knowing my husband, I’m sure he will be anxious to return to the blogosphere as soon as possible. Please keep him in your prayers.

The second post, from Thursday, the 11th, is encouraging:

Our thanks to the many wonderful friends of Joshuapundit around the nation (and maybe even the world) who have taken the time to send good wishes and prayers for my husband’s recovery. I read him most of the comments, and he was very moved. So far, he is due to be released from the hospital tomorrow morning to begin on the road to recovery. He will very likely be back to the blogosphere very soon.

JP is a man of integrity and a indefatigable blogger. It’s hard to imagine him down for the count.

I know he’d love to hear from all of you, so please leave a comment if you’re so inclined. I know from experience that hearing from people when you’re ill helps speed the healing process. It only takes a moment of your time and it would be a balm for JP were you to stop by and say hello.

By the way, be sure to get a look at the Baltimore weatherman as he loses it here. Now that the snow apocalypse has come (if not yet gone), his frantic antics are funny. Kind of.

I don't think it was entirely an act, either.


Hat tip: The Lurker in Tulsa

[post ends here]

1 comments:

Right Truth said...

Thanks for sharing and thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts for our friend Joshua Pundit.

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com