Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Seems Like Old Times…

James Higham has tagged us with a meme:

Here’s a mini-meme. Which two [2] posts have been your most viewed of all time?

Then he notes,

Seven poor souls I’ve tagged:

Shuggy
Devils Kitchen
Daily Pund
Bel is thinking
The Thunder Dragon
Jonathan Swift

and then he puts us in there.

Since there are two bloggers posting on this here page, I thought I’d divide it into the Baron’s two most-viewed posts, followed by mine.

This is a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants guess, since I don’t really know the answer; we don’t keep track. What I can say is how often I see particular posts come up as links in the site meter stats, or the number of emails, comments, etc. So, on that unscientific basis, here goes:

The most-clicked on of the Baron’s posts by far, are:

1. Jamaat ul-Fuqra in Virginia

2. Visualize Industrial Collapse

Personally, though, my favorite of his posts is The Little Engine of Cant.

Unfortunately, I can’t access it now. “New” Blogger is not as far out of Beta as it claims. Maybe by the time you read this post, whatever glitch is kinked up will have smoothed out and you’ll be able to access the archives. If not, then it’s all academic.

Pretending that the #@$%^Blooger archives really work, here are the top two on my hit list:

1. The Power and Glory of Islamic Women

2. The Slave Owner’s Bookstore. It’s nice to know that dude is safely in federal prison for some of the prime years of his life. And his slave has $64,000.00 of his money, which she took back with her to Indonesia. Not enough for the damage done, but better than nothing. Even more cheering to know it’s really Saudi tribe money. Heh.

My favorite post of those I’ve written is “An Open Letter to Cindy Sheehan.” I still get emails from bereaved parents and it’s been healing for me to know my words were salve for them.

However, that one is in Blooger Limbo, too. Trying to access any of our archives is problematic at the moment. Guess I should ask Blogger for my money back.

That aside, I now have to tag seven new victims nominees -- bloggers who [probably] won’t be annoyed at having to do this. People with a sense of humor. Like, maybe these guys…

Are We Lumberjacks?
An American Ex-Pat in Southeast Asia
Starling David Hunter
Florida Cracker
Gypsy Scholar
Pierre Legrande’s Pink Flamingo Bar and Grill,

And -- ta da -- definitely neither last nor least,
Planck’s Constant.

I hope everyone I tagged notices the links in their technorati searches, or in the site meter links, or that their friends nudge them. I believe the correct protocol is to email everyone you burden with this little task, but I don’t think I have everyone’s address, and even if I do I’m way too ADD to find the them as they are haphazardly stacked in the Baron’s email files. This new laptop has a very limited dropdown list.

If I don’t get threatening emails from my victims, I guess I’ll have to do my flatfoot routine and chase them down.

That is, if Blooger lets me.

Beta? Hell, yes. That horse definitely left the barn too early and unfortunately we are sitting atop this nag.

[Post mercifully ends here. Blooger won’t let you go any further, anyway. I suppose I ought to be grateful I can post at all. Earlier today I wasn’t even permitted to register to put up a comment on my own darn blog. Dum and dummer – that’s Blogger and New Blogger.]

4 comments:

Dan said...

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:a148VQ02IuwJ:gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2005/10/jamaat-ul-fuqra-in-virginia-part-1.html+Jamaat+ul-Fuqra+in+Virginia&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us



http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:PoenwmrAw0cJ:gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2005/09/visualize-industrial-collapse.html+visualize+industrial+collapse&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us



http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:tjnAd21mYREJ:gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2005/05/little-engine-of-cant.html+The+Little+Engine+of+Cant&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us



http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:YL4HmOQ0KFsJ:gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2004/11/power-and-glory-of-islamic-women.html+The+Power+and+Glory+of+Islamic+Women&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us



http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:9JwNdlta9wEJ:gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2005/08/open-letter-to-cindy-sheehan.html+An+Open+Letter+to+Cindy+Sheehan+gatesofvienna&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

Dymphna said...

dan--

Thank you! What a nice thing to do.

We certainly are lucky in our commenters!

Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Dymphna,

I don't have access to the requisite data (unless I'm just ignorant), but I think that I know anyway.

My most-viewed post was one on the correct translation of Pope Benedict's remarks about violence in Islam. That post received over 3,000 hits because National Review Online linked to it.

My second-most-viewed post was a recent one, on antisemitism in Korea, which received over 300 hits in one day -- rather less glory than the most-viewed post.

I don't think that I can generate much of a blog entry on this mini-meme, but a comment perhaps gets it.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

Dymphna said...

Gypsy Scholar--

You just showed the probable two most-linked posts on your blog. That's what you have to put up (with links) on YOUR blog, along with seven nominees from your blogroll who, in turn, do the same thing.

James Higham rightly calls this one a "mini meme" since it doesn't take much work...I went ahead and put up *his* post, with links to those he chose besides us, but you don't have to do that.

You simply do a post acknowledging the fact that you've been tagged, and by whom. You add links to your two most viewed posts...though I added also the post that meant the most to me.

Then you make up a linked list of the 7 people on your blog roll who have to do the same.

Courtesy suggests that one is supposed to notify the people so knighted, but I'm having a bit of fatigue at the moment, so I'll probably have to dig the emails up one at a time.

Anyway, now you know what to do!