Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The 2005 Weblog Awards

 
Kevin Aylward’s annual Wizbang contest has begun. Everyone should go over to the 2005 Weblog Awards and make sure their favorites get put onto the different ballots.

Feel free to nominate… umm… your favorite anti-Jihad blog for any appropriate category. I was too modest to nominate Gates of Vienna myself, but a4g seems to have put us in the Ecosystem 500-1000 category. Thanks, Mr. a4g! I was going to nominate you for humor, but then I saw you were already up.

I went around plastering my favorites into the different categories until my fingers got tired. Go and do ye likewise. And then, when the time comes, vote early and vote often.

A final note: vote for Belmont Club for “Best Blog.” Let’s give Wretchard the recognition he deserves!

1 comments:

Dymphna said...

Pee Dee One One One --
We'll miss you. As for taking Islam *too* seriously, please see my "Hail Mary Pass" post above.

It's a serious issue, but it does sorely need some humor. Of course Mohammed didn't believe in laughter -- he said when you open your mouth to laugh the devil gets in...

...actually, he could be right. There is something so ridiculous about the more thin-skinned of the Muslims that I am forced to laugh. Being Irish, the devil in me does get out...

...wait. That's not exactly what he meant.

Anyway, while you're gone, remember that the first person to die for Allah was the poor fool who laughed when he saw all those guys praying with their bottoms in the air. He was slain for his viewpoint...do you think perhaps that's where the expression "I died laughing" came from?