Thursday, July 12, 2007

Tagged: It’s Been a While

Playing tagWe’ve been bopped with a Random Facts tag.

All tags have rules. Here are the four for this one:

1. Let others know who tagged you.

2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.

3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.

4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.


*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

1. The blog World History tagged us.

2. Eight random facts about me and the Baron:

  • The Baron went to high school in the UK, where being a geek had romantic advantages.
  • I love peanut butter, banana, and blackberry jam sandwiches.
  • We both used to play Scrabble every night… until blogging cut that sucker short.
  • The Baron wakes up cheerful in the morning, for which he should be shot. Only saintly forbearance has stopped me.
  • The Baron’s totem is the box turtle. He is just like one: persevering, determined, patient, and eats anything that crosses his path.
  • I have a raucous laugh that can be heard through lead walls.
  • The Baron is a keeper; I am a thrower.
  • We both love curry.

Now the hard part - tagging eight other people:
- - - - - - - - - -
1. Are We Lumberjacks? (who else can have so much fun with a rubber ducky?)

2. One Cosmos (he channels James Joyce)

3. An American Ex-Pat in Southeast Asia (bringing tex mex to world analysis)

4. Always on Watch (Like us, she stands with the Jews)

5. Florida Cracker (a cracker with some off-beat stories)

6. Live From Infidelphia (an entertainer. That’s why she makes a good liar. Ask her)

7. Ocean Guy (he lives in the town I where I was born, but he actually likes it)

8. Point Five (because I have a thing for ambivalent atheists)

I hope someone points out to those on the list that they’ve been tagged. My right arm hardly works since I dislocated my shoulder (though we don’t live in Canada I’m waiting for surgery) and the pain medication makes me barmier than usual, leaving me incapable of looking up email addresses. It took me longer than I’ll ever tell you just to make those hyperlinks.

Meanwhile, the Baron is holed up working on his calendar images. In fact, he doesn’t even know I’ve chosen his random factoids without telling him. Thank heavens he’s used to it.

Maybe Technorati will spread the word for me… yeah, that’s it – Technorati, the big tattletale telegram.

Hey, y’all – check your technorati page!

7 comments:

El Jefe Maximo said...

Cheerful in the morning -- ugh ! Nothing civilized happens before 10 a.m.

Dymphna said...

well, the advantage is that he makes my coffee. And the Baron's coffe is high octane latte.

Mason said...

I ain't too smart but ain't it a oxymoron or sumpin to use "ethics" and "Arab" in the same story?

Always On Watch said...

Dymphna,
I posted mine about a week ago.

The Baron is a keeper; I am a thrower.

Mr. AOW has the pack-rat gene. I don't have the toss-it-out-gene, but I'm not the clutterbug that Mr. AOW is.

Every household needs at least ONE thrower!

Lao said...

Or at least one packer. My stuff is constantly getting packed away somewhere.

Steve Bodio said...

I'm a thrower and Libby is--aaargh!-- cheerful in the morning. Opposites MUST attract

M said...

Thanks for playing!