Thank heavens! There is now an alternative to Move On Dot Org (no, I don’t supply links for moonbats but I will work for their opponents). In the free section of the online Wall Street Journal, an advocacy group based in California, Move America Forward, is featured.
This group is probably not new to you. However, Dymphna lives a sheltered-from-media kind of life so I’m playing catch-up here.
So far, so wonderful:
|Move America Forward has raised more than $1 million, mainly in small donations, over the past two years. The group grew out of the successful 2003 effort to recall Democratic California Gov. Gray Davis. It was officially founded in 2004 by Mr. Russo, whose company provides office space for the organization; Melanie Morgan, a conservative San Francisco radio host; and Howard Kaloogian, a Republican former state assemblyman seeking the congressional seat of former Rep. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, who resigned recently after admitting to taking bribes from defense contractors.|
|"When you have people participating in partisan activities with nonprofit dollars, that's really something the IRS needs to look at," says Tom Matzzie, the Washington director of the liberal advocacy group MoveOn [Dot] org, another frequent target for Move America Forward's rhetoric. "An organization with a shady tax status participating in partisan activities and saying things that aren't true is a rogue element in American politics."|
Here are some of the projects Move America Forward has sponsored:
- supported John Bolton’s nomination to the UN
- led a campaign to support the policies in place at Guantanamo Bay by selling I [Heart] Gitmo bumper" stickers
- sent pro-war protesters to Cindy Sheehan’s camp in Texas
- sponsored a parallel counter-Cindy Sheehan bus tour of war supporters that culminated in a large rally in Washington
- sent five conservative talk show hosts to Iraq for a week to counter the biased anti-American press at home
- collected and sent $2.8 Million in pharmacy supplies to Afghanistan & Iraq
- keeps up a regular flow of pro-military, pro-war commercials.
The website tour is worth a look. They feature past events and a look at what they’re currently doing. My favorite is their petition to boot the UN out of here. Yes, I certainly do realize the quixotic nature of such a campaign. Nonetheless I endorse it heartily and plan to sign it.
Go on, make your day: sign a petition to get the UN out of America. If nothing else, it will make you feel better — or at least feel less helpless about the fact that a kleptocracy is taking up valuable space in our country. If you want to put this in perspective, read David McCullough’s “1776” — it makes this task pale in comparison. Besides, it proves that we've kicked bigger fish out of here before. We can do it again.
That's Move America Forward. It's about time.