Friday, October 13, 2006

Wear It With Pride

Banned at the DOISean Gleeson has created an important seal for use on your blog. If you’re a charter member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy, your blog is almost certainly banned at the Department of the Interior, so you’re entitled to post this DOI seal of disapproval.

The image is available in a variety of sizes; you can find one to fit any post or sidebar. I recommend going over to take a look.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

I’ve been getting a lot of email and comments about this Department of the Interior caper. A major investigation of the affair is in process, and I will post on it in due course.

But in the meantime: I hear all of you saying, “You’re getting your knickers in a twist over nothing. This is an example of government stupidity, incompetence, imperfect software, etc., etc.”
- - - - - - - - - -
To save any more responses to all the emails:

  • I am not getting my knickers in a twist. Some of my commenters probably are. I posted the email, just as I received it, and am now investigating it. I will report the results when I’m done.
  • The list of blocked/unblocked blogs cannot be due to any automatic selection process, nor to incompetence or misuse of the software. That would strain the bounds of probability. There are only two possibilities:
    1.  Someone deliberately selected the liberal blogs to be exempt from the block; or
    2. My sources are lying.

The DOI, of course, is certain that #2 is the case.

Eventually I will report, and you will decide.

7 comments:

Doug said...

Well, Harry Reid's ability to get around the Feds on land deals will soon be well known!
---
The Begining of the End of Harry Reid
CHECK OUT THE COMMENTS!
Rush is spending his first hour on the 18 pages he printed out from AJ Strata's Blog.
"Dingy Harry GREED"

http://strata-sphere.com/

El Jefe Maximo said...

Baron, I'm impressed. I mean, that's serious cachet...banned by the bureaucracy. How do the rest of us get in on it ?

Thanos said...

This is off topic, so apologies Baron, but with the breaking news I couldn't resist doing this:

http://noblesseoblige.org/wordpress/?p=590

Sissy Willis said...

What on earth are you talking about? How do you know you are banned? All I have seen is assertions . . No evidence. So far, I have been able to access all such "banned" sites.

mts said...

Knowing where you are in the scheme of things doesn't involve just knowing who your friends are, but also who your enemies are, too. It's not just knowing who lists you in their blogroll, but who bans you from their workplace.

I'm sure DOI employees are very well able to see you on their own, either in wi-fi hotspots, or on their own internet connections. Definitely, the intelligent ones. So they can't see you at work. Boo-hoo. If they have time to sit around and surf all day, the DOI isn't employing them effectively, anyway. I, the Libertarian leaning one, thinks an employer has a right to decide who accesses what on their own company's or agency's ISP. Now what employees do at home; it's open season and free reign.

Anyone who is a likely Gates viewer, as well as viewer of other like-minded blogs, is smart enough to a) not stand out in the rain, and b) find a way to access the blog. Wasn't it Ben Franklin who said, "Banning a book makes two readers out of one?" Banning the blog may make it more intriguing.

Baron Bodissey said...

Sissy, dear, if you're not at the Department of the Interior, on their internal network, you're not affected by this...

Subvet said...

Hey I just started my own blog. It's a real POS due to my inexperience and the fact that presently my PC at home is down so I have to do this at work. Number one question, how do I join the elite group of the banned?